Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Employee Spotlight: The HR Intern Jocelyn


With every new opportunity in your life, it comes with excitement, anticipation, and worst of all, fear. There is always the dread of having a terrible first day and not being able to keep up with whatever is being thrown at you. I arrived to the office with this mentality and a side of first day jitters. As the saying goes, hope for the best and expect the worst.
               Coming intothe office, I was instantly greeted with ecstatic welcomes by whoever I happen to come across. The upbeat music and commotion coming from the back of the office convinced me that this day would have a better chance of ending on a positive note. That definitely helped ease my anxiety and prepare myself better for the workday. After introductions, I eventually eased into the workload while occasionally being asked whether I was being overwhelmed. I was not at the least. By keeping my mind focused on completing the tasks, there was no stopping me in getting the work done. Personally, there is nothing I enjoy more than working in fast-paced situations.
My fear of not being able to keep up was overhyped in my mind when I was able to ask questions about anything that was newly introduced to me. The people and environment allowed me to thrive in my work.  I just had to remember that I was hired for a reason and was more than capable to complete anything. It’s always all in your mind.

Now, you can catch me at the front desk getting used to my daily grind. Feel free to say hello because I’m always open for a good conversation!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment